5 Gorgeous Updos for Your Valentine’s Day Date
Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to try something different with your hair. Our hair can indicate a lot about our mood and our intentions. Romantic updos can add something special to your style that you’ve been looking for.
Classy Updo with Bangs
Photo credit: The Wow Style
A classy updo with bangs is a favorite because it’s relatively easy to get done and is easy to dress up. You can pair a classy updo with bangs, with a nice dress or top, and some cute earrings. Do the following to create this look:
- Step 1: Massage curl-defining cream through your wet towel-dried hair.
- Step 2: Blow dry your hair on low or medium heat.
- Step 3: Collect your hair in the middle of your head.
- Step 4: Pull your bangs forward and place them so that you can adjust them later.
- Step 5: Secure the hair in a messy bun or high ponytail.
- Step 6: Style your bangs how you wish.
- Step 7: For more volume and body, add hairspray, let it dry for a few seconds, then scrunch your hair and shake it out.
Photo credit: Paper & Stitch – DIYs and Designs for your modern life
This is a great look for Valentine’s Day and will work with jeans or a fancy dress. Whether going casual or fancy, you can rock this hairstyle. To create this look, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Put your hair into three sections.
- Step 2: Put the middle section into a low bun.
- Step 3: Split one of the remaining sections into two sections and twist those two sections together. Wrap that twisted section around your low bun.
- Step 4: Repeat step three with the remaining section on the other side of your head.
You will need bobby pins to secure everything together and may want to spray some hairspray to ensure it stays in place.
Photo credit: Hairstyle Camp
The curly braided bun may be a good option if you are looking for an elegant hairstyle for your Valentine’s Day. Follow these steps to complete this look:
- Step 1: Section off your hair at the crown, spray it and tease it so it is curly.
- Step 2: Section off enough hair on the side to do a Dutch braid.
- Step 3: Make it look a bit deconstructed for volume after you finish the braid.
- Step 4: Put your hair in a low pony and create a loop bun, leaving out the braid.
- Step 5: Place the braid loosely over the bun, wrap the edges around it, and secure everything with bobby pins.
Photo credit: Missysue.com
This half updo with a loop is perfect if you want a sophisticated and elegant look, you can create this look by doing the following:
- Step 1: Part your hair like you normally would and section off your hair on both sides of your head from your part to your ears.
- Step 3: Twist those two sections of hair and bring them together at the back of your head.
- Step 4: Tie the two twists together.
- Step 5: Wrap some hair (about one or two inches) underneath one of the twists moving it towards the tie and pinning it underneath the tie.
- Step 6: Repeat step five with the other twisted section.
- Step 7: Make sure everything is pinned in place with bobby pins.
- Step 8: Set the style with hairspray.
Photo credit: Pinterest.com
The half-up top knot can be a go-to for daily life and Valentine’s Day because it is fairly easy and works on almost all hair lengths. To get the perfect top knot hairstyle follow these steps:
- Step 1: Section out approximately 1/3 of the front of your hair.
- Step 2: Secure the sectioned-out hair in a ponytail at the top of your head.
- Step 3: After the ponytail is in place, wrap all of the hair from the ponytail around the tie and sculpt a knot.
- Step 4: Secure the knot bun with bobby pins.
- Step 5: Set your style with hairspray.
Contact Us Today If you want the perfect updo for Valentine’s Day, contact Therapy Hair Studio, we provide a variety of services and are ready to make you look perfect for your Valentine. Call our Houston hair salon team at (713) 355-4247 or contact us online.