Facials: Everything You Need to Know About Taking Care of Your Skin
Our skin is our largest organ and a protective barrier shielding us from harmful external factors. Taking care of your skin is essential to your overall health. Facial treatments can help your skin thrive.
Types of Facials
Spas and salons offer various kinds of facials. Each type of facial is designed for a different purpose and provides a distinct benefit for your skin. Here are some of the most common facials:
- Deep cleansing facial: A deep cleansing facial removes dirt, oil, and impurities from your skin. Generally, this type of facial will include steam, exfoliation, and extraction to unclog your pores. You should leave a deep cleansing facial looking and feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
- Anti-aging facial: An anti-aging facial combats the signs of aging, such as wrinkles and age spots. Usually, this type of facial will involve ingredients like antioxidants and collagen. You will leave an anti-aging facial with new firmness and elasticity to your skin.
- Hydrating facial: A hydrating facial helps people with dry skin. Typically, this facial involves glycerin and aloe vera, replenishing the skin’s moisture. In addition, a hydrating facial will give your face a soft and supple look.
- Acne facial: An acne facial involves deep cleansing and extraction to unclog pores and remove dirt and oil. Acne facials differ from deep cleansing facials because they usually use salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide to prevent future breakouts.
- Chemical peel facial: A chemical peel is a treatment that involves a solution that exfoliates the outer layer of dead skin. This helps reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. In addition, a chemical peel facial can help prevent acne breakouts and reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- LED facial: An LED facial uses light therapy to promote collagen and reduce inflammation. Light therapy helps the appearance of wrinkles and acne.
- Brightening facial: These types of facial treatments reduce your pigmentation and brighten your skin. They usually use ingredients like Vitamin C and licorice extract. A brightening facial helps give you an even skin tone and a radiant glow.
Benefits of Facials
Not only do facials pamper you and make you feel great, but they also offer a variety of benefits, including:
- Unclogs pores
- Removes dirt and oil
- Prevents acne and breakouts
- Removes dead skin
- Boosts collagen production
- Replenishes your skin’s moisture
- Provides a pampering experience that reduces stress
How Often Should You Get a Facial?
The frequency at which you should get a facial depends on your type of skin and the concerns you have. Typically, you should get a facial every four to six weeks to maintain the health and radiance of your skin. However, if you are acne-prone or have hyperpigmentation, you might get facials more often.
DIY Facial Tips
We understand that facials can be expensive. If you don’t have the budget to get a professional facial every six weeks, you can do some things at home to extend the time between your professional facials while keeping your skin looking great. Here are some DIY tips for doing a facial at home:
- Clean your skin thoroughly with a gentle cleanser.
- Exfoliate using a natural scrub to remove dead skin cells.
- Steam your face to open up your pores.
- Apply a face mask made of natural ingredients.
- Finish with a toner and moisturizer to seal the benefits of the facial.
Facials done at home are usually less effective than professional facials. As a result, if you want the best result, consider a professional facial.
What to Do When You Are in the Market for a Facial
Facials are generally safe and beneficial. But you should still do the following to reduce the chances of adverse effects.
- Choose an experienced and licensed aesthetician.
- Tell your aesthetician about any allergies, skin sensitives, or medical conditions you have.
- If you have open wounds, rashes, or sunburn, wait to get a facial.
- Avoid wearing makeup immediately after your facial.
- Stay hydrated after your facial to keep your skin nourished.
- Finally, follow your aesthetician’s directions to provide the best results.
Facials are a great way to maintain the health and radiance of your skin. Choosing the right facial and having it done frequently can make a substantial difference for your skin. While you can perform DIY facials at home to pamper yourself, you should have a professional facial to experience the best benefits possible.
Contact Therapy Hair Studio for Your Next Facial
Choosing someone to make your skin look radiant can feel overwhelming. The Therapy Hair Studio professionals have the experience and knowledge to make recommendations and provide the service you desire.