The 4 Best Extensions for Growing Out Hair
Trying to grow out your hair but want to avoid those awkward stages of hair growth? Well, hair extensions may be the answer to your problem. Some people believe that hair extensions are harmful to your hair, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Hair extensions are incredibly safe and can even be beneficial if they are installed and removed correctly. Using hair extensions while growing your natural hair can help you look fantastic regardless of your hair growth stage. They can even protect your natural hair from damage, allowing it to grow faster.
Fusions Hair Extensions
Fusion hair extensions are great for growing your hair. Fusion extensions come in strands rather than wefts, making them slightly trickier to install, meaning you should go to a professional like Therapy Hair Studio. The brand of fusion extensions will significantly affect the length of time they last, but a fusion hair extension can last anywhere between three to six months, sometimes longer, if the care instructions of your stylist are adequately followed. During hair growth, the bonding location will move downwards, so touch-ups and trimming to maintain the extensions will likely be required.
Pros and Cons of Fusion Hair Extensions
Fusion hair extensions date back to ancient Egypt, and this style of hair extension has pros and cons.
- They are the most long-lasting hair extensions.
- In addition, they give a very natural look.
- They are made of natural hair that can be blended perfectly with your growing hair.
- They can weigh down your hair and roots.
- They are expensive.
- They are not reusable.
Tape Hair Extensions
Tape extensions are one of the most popular extension techniques used. These extensions are attached to the root with double-sided tape and come in wefts. These extensions are lightweight and blend into your hair so that you will look great while growing your hair. Tape-in extensions can give you the extra length you desire while your hair grows and adds fullness with minimum tension to your hair.
Pros and Cons of Tape-In Hair Extensions
Tape-ins are available in a wide variety of textures that can help you achieve a natural look, but there are pros and cons attached to using tape-in hair extensions.
- They’re hard to detect.
- You can reuse them.
- They are safe for thin hair.
- They need to be maintained regularly.
- They are expensive.
- Without proper care, they can cause matting and breakage.
Micro-Link Hair Extensions
Micro-link hair extensions are attached to individual strands of hair using microbeads. The beads are usually made of aluminum or copper and coated with a color similar to the individual’s hair so that they can blend in. These hair extensions can last several weeks before they need to be re-fitted.
Pros and Cons of Micro-Link Hair Extensions
Like with all hair extensions, the style has pros and cons. One thing to note is that if you do not want to commit to regular hair appointments, this may not be your best extension choice.
- Your hair moves naturally because they are individual strands.
- Heat will not damage your hair because the application does not require heat.
- They are reusable and can be easily maintained by regular appointments with a professional.
- They take a long time to install.
- Not a good fit for thin or fine hair because the bonds can be seen through the hair.
- It may be uncomfortable for several days after application.
Clip-In Hair Extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are popular because they can be removed daily in just a few minutes. These are generally pieces of wefted human or synthetic hair attached to clips for relatively easy installation. Clip-ins are the best option for people who want to cover up their awkward hair growth stages but not the days they wake up with their hair looking fabulous.
Pros and Cons of Flat-Tip Hair Extensions
Clip-ins may be a great choice. Here are some pros and cons for you to decide.
- Easy application and removal.
- Low maintenance requirements.
- Clips are visible on your scalp.
- It may be heavy on your growing hair, causing hair loss.
- Hard to customize hairstyles.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
If you want to grow out your hair and are thinking about getting extensions during the growing process, contact a Houston hair styling professional to discuss your options. The staff at Therapy Hair Studio offers a variety of services that can help get your hair looking great while you grow it out. Call us today at (713) 355-4247 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.