If you’ve ever bleached or dyed your hair, you know how color treatments can cause severe damage. The good news is you can repair damage from color treatments and make your hair look good as new (and maybe even a little better than new). How? By using the Olaplex hair treatment system.
Olaplex is the name of a hair care company that creates products for both salon and home use, and their products are specifically designed to repair damaged hair. Olaplex products use a patented chemical called Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate that repairs the disulfide bonds in human hair. These bonds give hair its structure, stability, and strength, and repairing broken bonds is essential to restoring damaged hair to its former glory.
The hair care specialists at Therapy Hair Studio are familiar with Olaplex products for both salon and home use, and we’d be happy to show you how this incredible treatment can fix your hair. Below we explain more about what Olaplex is and how it can restore damaged hair.
How Olaplex Works
While Olaplex offers products for home use, those products are meant to work as part of a more extensive treatment system. The first two steps in the treatment process require a trip to a salon.
The Olaplex treatment starts at the salon, where a stylist applies the company’s Olaplex No. 1 Bond Multiplier to your hair. When mixed with water, the Bond Multiplier restores and repairs the bonds in your hair, helping to fix split ends and other damage. You can use the Bond Multiplier as a standalone treatment or include it with a bleach treatment, in which case the stylist will mix the product with the bleach.
The next step in the treatment also requires a salon visit, as a stylist will apply the Olaplex No. 2 Bond Perfector. The Bond Perfector goes in your hair after the stylist rinses out the bleach, and you’ll keep it in your hair for about 20 minutes to mend any damage from your bleach treatment.
The Olaplex salon treatments are great for restoring hair with severe damage, but you can also use Olaplex products at home to keep your hair looking beautiful. The company’s most popular product is most likely their No. 3 Hair Perfector, which you apply to your hair before shampooing. The nice thing about the Hair Perfector is that it’s a preventative treatment that keeps your hair looking amazing by minimizing damage from color, bleach, or environmental factors like intense heat or humidity.
Using Olaplex at Home
Once you complete the first two steps in the salon, you can use Olaplex products at home until it’s time for another bleach or color treatment. In addition to the Hair Perfector, you can use the following Olaplex products at home as part of your regular hair care routine:
- No. 0 Intensive Bond Building Treatment – The Intensive Bond Building Treatment helps prime your hair and enhances the effects of the Hair Perfector.
- No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo and No. 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner – Olaplex’s shampoos and conditioners are specifically designed to work with and enhance the effects of their other products.
- No. 6 Bond Smoother – The Bond Smoother is a treatment you can leave in your hair to repair damage from color treatments or bleaching. The company says using the Bond Smoother reduces your blow-drying time and helps prevent frizzy hair for up to 72 hours.
- No. 7 Bonding Oil – Olaplex recommends using their Bonding Oil to increase your hair’s shine, softness, and vibrancy, especially if you use straighteners, curling irons, or other heated tools on your hair.
- No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask – The Intense Moisture Mask can help add shine, smoothness, and volume to your hair, along with the moisture it needs to stay healthy. Olaplex says that in a clinical trial, people who used the Intense Moisture Mask saw twice as much shine, four times as much moisture, and six times more smoothness than before they used the products. The company also says 94 percent of people who used the Intense Moisture Mask saw more body and volume in their hair.
- No. 9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum – Being out in the sun or exposure to air pollution can cause intense hair damage, but Olaplex’s Nourishing Hair Serum is designed to counter the damaging effects of your everyday environment. The Nourishing Hair Serum protects your hair from pollution for 48 hours and temperatures up to 450℉.
Therapy Hair Studio offers Olaplex Treatments for Our Clients
Olaplex products have taken the beauty industry by storm, and Therapy Hair Studio is proud to offer these treatments to people with brittle or damaged hair. You can learn more about Olaplex treatments or schedule an appointment with one of our stylists by calling 713-355-HAIR (4247) or filling out our contact form.